Friday, March 16, 2018

MOISTURIZE THAT SKIN WITH GARNIER SKINACTIVE 3-IN-1 FACE MOISTURIZER WITH FLOWER HONEY


Though I like to call it a balm (like they do in the Netherlands) in the USA they simply call it a moisturizer. In my review on the Hydra Bomb line I told you that I liked it more for summer. So I put the day and nighttime moisturizer aside for then and I pulled out this beauty. I was intrigued by its multipurpose, so I ordered it (didn't expect too much of it). Today, I have almost been using this moisturizer for a month and I think it's time to write something about it.



Helloooo balmmmm
Look at that moisturizer sorbet. It looks like it's sooo soft, doesn't it? This 3-in1 balm with flower honey hydrates and nourishes your skin. The balm is enriched with flower honey, known for its nourishing properties, according to the Garnier website.

What more do they say about this product? You can use it as a daytime moisturizer. It hydrates, nourishes and supports the daily protection of the skin. You can also use it as a nighttime moisturizer: it nourishes and softens the skin. Lastly, you can use it as a mask: it improves the skin intense and it makes your skin look radiant.
The balm contains 96% naturally derived ingredients that is of vegetal sources. The other 4% consists of ingredients that gives a pleasant sensory experience and a good conserving of their formulas. The botanicals line (that's how they call it in the Netherlands) is free of parabens, silicones and synthetic coloring.

The ingredients, for those who are interested
Sounds very promising doesn't it?! As I told you, I have been using this balm for about a month now and I can tell you what I like and what I don't like about this moisturizer.

I have been using this balm for night and daytime. I have used this as a mask (applied a thick layer right before I hopped into the shower) for a few times.

As a daytime moisturizer: I like this moisturizer for daytime. Though it does feel somewhat richer than other moisturizers, I don't mind that during the colder months. I do think that it might be too rich for the summer months, because it leaves a slippery/balm-y layer on my skin. I don't mind that very much, because my skin doesn't get that super oily during the winter, but when it gets warmer, I think I'll switch to another, lighter, moisturizer that gets absorbed entirely and that preferably hydrates throughout the day.

As a nighttime moisturizer: I like this moisturizer very much for mighttime! Because of the layer of balm it leaves on my skin (it doesn't get absorbed entirely by my skin) I feel like it hydrates my skin pretty much the entire night. Sometimes, when I think my skin needs more moisture, I apply a thicker layer.

As a mask: to be honest I don't really like this as a mask. It is perfect for traveling, when my skin needs a boost, but when I'm just at home, I much prefer my sheet or clay masks. I'm just not a person that likes masks that have the same consistency of a moisturizer, unless the results of the mask blow me away, but I haven't found that mask yet.

A great moisturizer for you if you
  • Like natural products that don't contain paraben, silicone and synthetic coloring
  • Like moisturizers with a creamy/balmy texture that it quite rich
  • Don't mind using the same moisturizer day and night (though you can only use this moisturizer for nighttime and another one for daytime)
  • Like multipurposeness in a moisturizer
Not really a moisturizer for you if you
  • Don't like a moisturizer that doesn't get fully absorbed into the skin after application
  • Don't like natural stuff
  • Don't like balmy/rich moisturizers
  • Want a deep hydrating moisturizer
I, myself, quite like this moisturizer. I think I'll switch to another daytime moisturizer when it gets warmer, but I'll just continue using this 3-in-1 balm for the nighttime until it's done. I don't really like it as a mask, like I said before, but I don't have to use it as a mask if I don't want to. This moisturizer hydrates my skin alright and I will use it until I run out of it. It does not moisturize my skin intensely or deeply; I don't wake up with baby-soft skin, but for now, it's enough.

Lastly, I'd like to show you how balmy this product is, because that is what I thought was the most cool thing about this product.

Hello, Balm

Scoop it with the back of my nail

See how creamy that is?!

High spreadability

Absorbed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!

- No spamming
- Constructive criticism? Yes. Mean comments? No.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE